The Barrier Free NZ Trust can provide technical advice on Accessibility for a Barrier Free Environment.
What we can help you with:
- Information on NZ building legislation and guidelines in relation to accessibility;
- Accessibility Reports for new and existing buildings on compliance with access provisions;
- Guidance on how to achieve the Accessible Journey;
- Advice on the access requirements for physical and sensory disabilities;
- Creative solutions when designing or upgrading facilities.
How to get advice:
- Check our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Contact a local Barrier Free Advisor.
- Contact the Barrier Free NZ Trust.
Please note that the Barrier Free NZ Trust may not answer technical questions directly and may refer you to contact a Barrier Free Advisor.
Barrier Free Advisors are independently contracted, so please enquire if there is any charge for your specific query.
Submissions from the Trust
Please find copies of recent submissions the Trust have put forward in relation to accessibility.
HRC The Wider Journey - March 2012 » (49.4KB PDF)
WCC Action Plan - February 2012 » (111KB PDF)
HPT Submission- February 2011» (143KB PDF)
Department of Building and Housing - November 2010:
- Protection from Fire » (68KB PDF)
- Signs » (146KB PDF)
- Warning Devices » (32KB PDF)
For further information, we welcome you to contact a Barrier Free Advisor.